Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mid Autumn Festival!!

Moonlight.
Lotus paste mooncake.
'Omochi'
Colourful Lantern.
Chinese tea.
Joyous Environment.

These, excites the Mooncake Festival~
there is a open house at my aunt house yesterday.
all of the chong members did attend to this gathering. i used to enjoy and love joining the family gathering.
Happy to see all my aunty uncle and cousins which can only meet them during 'big' day.
Enjoy playing with the baby cousin.
Enjoy chating with my cousins who their age no much different from me.
Enjoy those yummy food prepared by those auntyS.
Enjoy listening jokes from my uncle. he is a very humour person. wherever the place he exists, for sure there lots of laughter. XD

all the kids is playing lantern as well as lighten up the colourful candle at courtyard. those candle makes the courtyard looks 'romantic' ha! whereas, elderly are enjoying their chinese tea and mooncake at the round mable table which right middle in courtyard. Surrounding is covering with non-stop laughter.

suddenly.. i saw a hunchback indian aunty standing opposite the road and looking at all of us.. its quite scary.. as she keep staring at us with her shinning eyes. then, she is walking slowing toward us with her hunchback. its looks painful.. felt kesian to her ,as in this big big day, i am celebrating this festival with all my family. but.. where is her family?? why is she walking alone down the street at this time?? *the watch is actually pointing at 10 sth dy* why she looks so lonely??

then my uncle came..
Happy mooncake festival!! my humour uncle said.
the aunty said nothing. she is just nodding and smiling with all of us.
we are looking at her with full of curiousity perhaps.
my uncle tried to talk with her.. yet, she is still saying nothing and just reply us with her attractive smile. ha!
finally. my uncle realize that she is deaf, perhaps she is dumb too.
Aww~~ kesiannya~

then my uncle invite her to have pieces of mooncake and drinks as well..
before she goes, she waves with us! smiling with tears of gratitute perhaps.. haha..

tis year's mooncake festival is much more different from others. as this year i had experience a non-verbal communication with 'stranger'. i realize that it is very lucky enough to have the chance celebrate festival with family. i really appreciate the time begin together with my family.



~wenhui~ ^^

No comments: